Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review to Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini

In the book Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini, the main character Jeremy is a kind of a nerdy high school kid. He likes this girl Christine and to get her to recognize him by taking a special pill he heard about from a kid at school, he also uses the pill to become a popular and cool kid in school. The pill, called.
The "Squip" immediately helps Jeremy by telling him to get new clothes and helping him become cooler and reach his important goal of getting Christine. The Squip helps Jeremy out and helps him until he becomes the most popular kid in school, until everything starts to crumble apart in front of Jeremy.

The book is very funny, and once the Squip kicks in it starts to become very funny. The Squip with Keanu Reeves voice tells Jeremy everything to become cool. Once the Squip is turned on it tells him to buy a new sweatshirt, then it told him to go to the frozen yogurt shop, were he meets one of the populsr girls, he says what the Squip tells him. He becomes very popual, and it only gets better then that.

This book I highly recommend, it is very funny, even though it does have some inappropriate moments. But besides that it is a very good original story and a great book by my favorite author of other highly recommended books such as Teen Angst? Naaah... and It's Kind of a Funny Story. The whole book was pretty cool, it's a fast read due to the large font and the large spacing.

It's not the best book I've read, or the best book by Ned Vizzini, but if you have the choice to read it, it's a very relaxing not so advanced great read and I still highly recommend this book to everyone. I would give this book 4 stars out of 5.


3 comments:

  1. You definitely did a good job convincing me to read it so if I do get the chance to read it, I will. The negative thing I have to say is that you said it was funny too many times and toward the end you got a bit side tracked. Overall though, I loved the amount of personality you included, i could really here you talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice description of the book. You kept it interesting and I could tell you really liked the book. I'll keep this book in mind if I'm looking for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way that you keep us wanting to know more about the book and how the character feels in the book

    ReplyDelete